Welcome to Christmas at The Alford Arms
With open log fires, smart decorations, mulled wine and a warm hint of spice in the air, you can’t doubt how much we enjoy celebrating the Festive season. In fact, from seasonal robust cooking through to Carols on Christmas Eve, it’s not only Good King Wenceslas who has cornered the market in hospitality!
To celebrate Christmas with us, just flip to our online booking page or for larger tables, call us to book your party. Whether it’s for an intimate table for two; a bit of a bash with work mates or a special catch-up with your family and friends we look forward to seeing you. We don’t do deposits, as we are a trusting bunch and with a team of great chefs we can cater for even the oddest request. So, don’t be shy in letting us create the perfect Christmas party for you.
Below are some hints and tips to help get you underway with booking your party with us, but please feel free to call us up for a chat and let us take some of the load off your shoulders:
As mentioned, a deposit is not necessary, but please do let us know as soon as you can of any alterations to your booking, as any last minute no-shows (less than 48 hours notice) will be charged at £10.00 per head.
As well as our regular menus, our Christmas menu is available for lunch and dinner from Monday 25th November (for all you early birds) until lunchtime Tuesday 24th December, excluding Sundays.
Please feel free to use our online booking facility for regular menus and smaller tables or call us direct on 01442 86 44 80 for larger tables or special requests, so that we can look after all the important little details for you personally.
- Our maximum party size is 22. (Parties over 12 may be seated on 2 or 3 neighbouring tables)
- Parties over 12 will be asked to pre-order from our Christmas menu.
- Parties of up to 12 guests can choose from our Christmas menu or order from our regular menu and specials on the day.
- The whole party will need to choose from the same menu and all we require is that you let us know which menu you prefer a couple of weeks before.
- We will always try to accommodate special requests, dietary requirements or plain old dislikes. Also please ask to see our gluten and dairy free Christmas Menus.
- An order form, which covers your guest's names, all pre-ordered food, initial wine and water requirements and special requests will be sent to you, when required.
- We will need this information two weeks before the date of your party.
Both 'Christmas Crackers' and 'Bah Humbug' Parties welcome!
Getting to / from us
As it's party month, taxis may be in short supply, so we recommend that you pre-order your cabs, departing from The Alford Arms no later than midnight. Please give us a call for any advice or assistance. If coming under your own steam, please note that parking is limited, so please share cars and consider our neighbours by parking carefully. Unfortunately at this time of year, not everyone has the Christmas spirit, so please don't leave any valuables in your cars, just in case. We are more than happy to keep them safe for you in the pub.